It was free entrance day to Zion's National Park on Martin Luther King Jr day so we decided to take advantage of it. Bryan had to work in the morning so we went in the afternoon. The kids and I bought some KFC on our way to pick him up so we could have something for lunch. We drove to Zion's, got in for free and drove to the Lodge. I couldn't believe how many people were there. Usually when we go it is during the summer when you have to take the shuttle so I didn't realize how little parking there is in the park. Bryan dropped us off at the Lodge to find some parking. We ate outside the Lodge on the tables they have there. It was FREEZING! I was so cold. But I knew I would warm up when we were hiking.
After lunch we drove through the tunnel to the overlook hike. It is only about a mile and pretty easy so we figured we could do it in good time. The kids had a lot of fun taking pictures of the various sights and chatting away. Courtney used her new camera a lot and Ethan took pictures with his phone. No one complained and it was a fun hike.
Then we drove home. It was a good way to spend a day off of school.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment