Friday, September 11, 2015

End of Summer at Veyo Pool

We LOVE Veyo Pool.  Bryan's firm has always had an end-of-the-summer family party there but this year we decided to bag that and just take the kids and some friends to Veyo ourselves.  We bought pizza and drinks and then Bryan took Ethan and the boys in his truck and I took Courtney, her girl friends and Cameron.

The first thing we always do when we get to Veyo is catch crawdads.  I had brought string, weights (screws, actually), bacon and plastic cups.  Each kids got a string and I tied a piece of bacon on it with a weight (so it would sink to the bottom of the river) and then they were off!  The pool has a little plastic kiddie pool that you put your crawdads in after you catch them.  I assume they release them back into the river at the end of the day but I've never asked.

The kids had a blast and one boy caught something like 12 crawdads in a half hour.  He has the touch!

Here is the bucket they gave us to keep them in so we didn't have to go from the river to the kiddie pool constantly.

Bryan always ends up helping Courtney catch her crawdads.  She is a bit impatient (wonder where she got that from?!?) and then freaks out when they get too close to her (again, I wonder where she got that from?).

But eventually they do get one in the cup.  Actually, Bryan usually get one in the cup.


But Courtney is just as proud to have a crawdad in her cup.

The patience of Job when catching crawdads.

Ethan and one of his friends were trying to find a good place to catch them.

After catching their fill of crawdads, we all went swimming in the pool.  It is a great pool and so much fun because it is deep enough to dive into.  The kids had a blast!

We all got shakes or ice cream and then it was time to go.  It was a lot of fun and now we are ready for school to start.

No comments: