Friday, September 11, 2015

Pine Valley

We decided to go to Pine Valley to get away for a while.  The week had been crazy and we wanted to have some fun.  We loaded the truck with dutch oven stuff and put the bikes on the bike rack and we were off.

Now, what I am going to say is something I feel very guilty about so don't judge us.  When we got to Pine Valley my parents and Leigh Ann were already up there saving a picnic site for us.  We didn't think about having to pay cash to get into the picnic area.  When we pulled up we were told it was $4 to get in.  Bryan took out his debit card and the woman said they only took cash.  I explained that my parents were up there and we could run up, get cash from them and come back. The woman said that was fine as long as we left a child with her.  I laughed but she was serious!  So instead of only leaving one, we left them both.  Ethan was kind of in shock and thought we were joking around until Bryan told him we would be right back.

We hurried up, found my parents, got cash and I drove (really fast) back to the ranger station to get the kids.  They were happy to see me and Ethan was a little put out that we had left them there but they were fine.  But I still feel bad.  I should have gotten out and had them leave me there instead.  Oh well.  Live and learn.

So we got back to the picnic area and got things started on the dutch oven.  We went bike riding around while waiting for it to cook. We had chicken and potatoes and it was really yummy.  Then we attempted to have the dutch oven chocolate dessert but forgot some ingredients so we ended up making chocolate cake.

It was nice to get away and just it in the cooler temperatures.

On the way home Ethan pretended to be a dog and stuck his face out of the truck with his tongue out!


The rising moon in Pine Valley:

The setting sun:

No comments: