Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Pine Valley

We love going up to Pine Valley because it's cooler and there is so much to do.  Last Friday we decided to go up there to have a dutch oven dinner.  We made sure we had the $4 entrance fee this time.  Bryan loaded our bikes on the truck and Ethan packed his fishing stuff.

When we were driving into the picnic area there was a group at the large picnic site.  There was a woman there that looked a lot like my mom.  I commented on it and then realized...that is my mom!  Leigh Ann's ward was having a ward party and she invited them to go along with her.  Courtney and I quietly snuck behind them and said "What's for dinner?"  They were just as surprised to see us as we were to see them.

Bryan unloaded the truck while Ethan walked down to fish at the lake.  Courtney and I decided to take a bike ride while Bryan got dinner going.  We were close to the lake when we saw Ethan coming back up.  Apparently a grumpy park ranger had told him he couldn't fish in the lake because they were using it to helicopter water to fight a fire.  They weren't very nice when they told Ethan this so he was a bit peeved.  As Ethan went back to the picnic site, Courtney and I decided to continue on and bike along the lake on the bike path.  We walked our bikes to the path and before long we heard a loud voice tell us to "Turn those bikes around and just get out of here."  Yup, it was a grumpy park ranger.  Apparently you can't get near the lake while the helicopter is using it.  So we went back to camp.

It took a while for dinner to cook so we played card games and Ethan took pictures of the many deer that kept coming through the picnic area.  He used my phone to take pictures while I used his phone to take video of him creeping up on the deer.  It was hilarious so I'll post it when I get it off his phone.

Here is one of his photos:


We love going up to Pine Valley because it's cooler and there is so much to do.  Last Friday we decided to go up there to have a dutch oven dinner.  We made sure we had the $4 entrance fee this time.  Bryan loaded our bikes on the truck and Ethan packed his fishing stuff.

When we were driving into the picnic area there was a group at the large picnic site.  There was a woman there that looked a lot like my mom.  I commented on it and then realized...that is my mom!  Leigh Ann's ward was having a ward party and she invited them to go along with her.  Courtney and I quietly snuck behind them and said "What's for dinner?"  They were just as surprised to see us as we were to see them.

Bryan unloaded the truck while Ethan walked down to fish at the lake.  Courtney and I decided to take a bike ride while Bryan got dinner going.  We were close to the lake when we saw Ethan coming back up.  Apparently a grumpy park ranger had told him he couldn't fish in the lake because they were using it to helicopter water to fight a fire.  They weren't very nice when they told Ethan this so he was a bit peeved.  As Ethan went back to the picnic site, Courtney and I decided to continue on and bike along the lake on the bike path.  We walked our bikes to the path and before long we heard a loud voice tell us to "Turn those bikes around and just get out of here."  Yup, it was a grumpy park ranger.  Apparently you can't get near the lake while the helicopter is using it.  So we went back to camp.

It took a while for dinner to cook so we played card games and Ethan took pictures of the many deer that kept coming through the picnic area.  He used my phone to take pictures while I used his phone to take video of him creeping up on the deer.  It was hilarious so I'll post it when I get it off his phone.

Here is one of his photos:


After we ate, Mom, Dad and Leigh Ann came over to have dessert with us.  Then we packed up and went home.  We love Pine Valley.

No comments: