Monday was the awards assembly at Santa Clara Elementary. Courtney asked me to go because she thought she would be getting something. I was one of only two parents there so it was a bit awkward, but she was happy I was there so that's all that matters!
They always start the assembly with the "moving up" ceremony. They ask the 5th graders to stand up and move to the sides of the room. The 4th graders then move back to where the 5th grade classes sit, the 3rd graders move to where the 4th graders sit, and so on. The kids LOVE it because they are moving up and becoming the "big kids."
They sang the school song (I tried to record it but they were singing/yelling so loud you can't understand it at all), said good-bye to some teachers who wouldn't be back next year, and were introduced to a summer program to keep kids moving. Then....
The prizes for the Rockin' Rad Readers were awarded.
Courtney earned hers so she was given a certificate. They had a drawing for a Kindle and a boom box but she didn't get either of those.
The certificates for newspaper were given.
Courtney was given one of those also along with a rice crispy treat.
This was her last assembly in the elementary school and the last one for our family. It has been a great school and I am so glad our kids were able to go there. I'm a little sad it's over.
No comments:
Post a Comment