Each year, the 5th grade classes work on the "Give Me Liberty" program. They are supposed to memorize at least 6 facts about the United States. If they continue on and memorize 9 facts about the US they are given a t-shirt. If they memorize all the facts (I think there are 12 or 14), then they are given a t-shirt and a trophy. Part of the things they have to memorize are: states and capitols, the Gettysburg Address, the Preamble to the Constitution, the symbols of the US, the presidents in order, etc. It's hard for these kids. Courtney worked hard and was able to earn her t-shirt, which she was so excited about.
They had a program for the parents to show off what they had learned.
Courtney is in the center.
Check out those freckles! I love it!
Here are some of the songs they sang.
Castle Island Song:
Yankee Doodle:
The Pledge of Allegiance:
Amazing Grace (on recorders);
Salute to the Armed Forces:
There were many more but those were the fun ones. She did a great job and I'm so happy for her that she earned her shirt!
No comments:
Post a Comment