Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bryan's Birthday

Bryan slept in so Ethan and I were able to make his birthday breakfast for him. Bryan had ordered eggs, hashbrowns, orange juice and sausage. Ethan was really cute getting all the things on a cookie sheet and taking them in to Bryan. Courtney woke up when we were taking the food in to Bryan, so she joined along. Then the three of us got our food and joined Bryan in the bedroom for a family breakfast picnic in bed.

That night we had a birthday dinner for Bryan. He wanted grilled chicken, green beans, salad and peach pie (instead of cake). I put the chicken out on the grill and then I went inside to get the other things ready. I went out once to turn the chicken and it looked pretty good. When I went out the next time to check it there were flames coming out of the BBQ grill and smoke everywhere. Apparently, grease on a BBQ grill makes a really BIG FIRE! So the chicken was BLACK AS COAL! Everyone nicely scraped the burned off before eating it but I felt bad. Luckily, the peach pie worked out wonderfully so that made up for it.

No comments: