I was released today from being the Primary Chorister and called to serve as the Young Women's Camp Director. I am actually pretty excited. I didn't have the best experiences at Girls Camp (I was the only one my age or even close to my age, so there weren't too many girls to hang out with) so it's my chance to really make camp fun for some other girls. The Assistant Camp Director has been to camp as a leader and director many times and is super excited to be doing it again, so she will be a great resource. Now I just need to get all the gear.
When we were in Las Vegas and Bryan was called into Young Men's, the Bishop told him that it was the best calling because your wife had to support you purchasing all this camping/hiking equipment because "Hey honey, it's my calling!" So now I get to do the same ;)
The Primary had me go in at the first of both Junior and Senior Primary so they could sing to me. That was a killer! In Junior Primary they stood up and sang "I am a Child of God" and both Ethan and I were both bawling by the end. I have been in Primary with him since Sunbeams, with the exception of three months. So he was a bit nervous, but he did fine.
But I'm excited for camp.
1 comment:
Sup Packasa?
Swann-boy here. Been busy the past few months, but it's nice to catch up via the blog. Good luck at camp Michelle. Hope the mosquitos stay away. You got some cute pics from Halloween. Looks like they had a blast. Oh, and that pic of Ethan reading to Courtney was precious. Quite the big brother indeed!
Post a Comment