Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Last Game of the Season

Today was Ethan's last soccer game of this season. They played a rain-out make-up game last night and then we had a team pizza party afterward to celebrate. (It was cold and windy but the boys didn't mind, they played around with pizza in their hands for a long time while the parents froze!) This morning was the last scheduled game. It was pretty cold so Ethan wore a jacked during warm ups, but once the game started he wasn't cold any longer.

They did really well. They have focused on getting the basic skills down (passing, positions, etc.) this year so they can really build on them next year. All the boys want to come back and play with the same team next year so it should be a lot of fun. Ethan did great dribbling the ball and was really into the game. He loves it and when he sat down after his last rotation he said, "I can't wait for next time!" I reminded him that this was the last game of the season and he said, "I know. I'm talking about next season! I can't wait to start playing again." I was glad because it's something he is really good at and something he loves to do. And Bryan enjoyed helping coach. Their trophies this year look really cool so the boys were all excited to get them in the end.

Next year Courtney will be old enough to play and Bryan has already volunteered to be her coach and Ethan volunteered to be the assistant coach. We asked her what mascot she wanted for her team and she said she didn't care, "I just want to play soccer." She wants to follow her brother.

And he's a great brother to follow!

Here are photos of their last game and I'll post some video later today (Ethan's playing on the laptop on www.lego.com and I don't want to bother him.)

No comments: