We woke up this morning to another couple of inches of snow on the ground. Ethan ran out to get the newspaper and opened it to get the comics. I pulled out the front page to look at the news and saw a huge headline saying, "Snow Closes County Schools." I quickly skimmed it and then handed it to Bryan for a second opinion. Our schools don't have a snow day hotline but I tried calling the elementary school. No one answered, so Bryan suggested I get online and look at the District's homepage. This is what I saw:
*** SPECIAL NOTICE ***
Weather & Road Conditions ALERT!
December 18, 2008 - 5:34 am
SCHOOL WILL NOT BE HELD TODAY
DECEMBER 18, 2008 (THURSDAY),
DUE TO EXPECTED SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
AND ROAD CONDITIONS.
ALL WASHINGTON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT SCHOOLS WILL BE CLOSED TODAY.
Ethan loves school, so I was really nervous about telling him. We told him and he jumped up and down and yelled "yes!" It wasn't what I expected. Then he realized that closing the school means that he won't be able to go to school today and we got the reaction we expected. He went running into his room screaming about how horrible a day it is and "Don't they know I love school?!?!" and "Doesn't this place own a snow plow?!" Bryan suggested I take him a movie today but Ethan doesn't want that.
Courtney's preschool is also cancelled. So it's going to be an interesting day!
1 comment:
Can I just say how thrilled I am to have another blog to watch?! As an added bonus it is about some people I like very much. My how time flies... it seems like yesterday that I was living in Provo wondering if we could get any more poor. (What an old person thing to say!) Any who... I am sorry for the snow day. It took me 10 minutes to drive the 1/2 mile to take the kids to school. I think we could have walked it faster. I guess someone is dreaming of a "white Christmas"!
Post a Comment