The first FHE of December is our Christmas Tree FHE. I spent the day getting the decorations out, putting away the Thanksgiving decorations and figuring out where we are going to put things. After dinner Bryan brought the Christmas tree up from the basement. I hate putting lights on a Christmas tree. It makes such a mess and it's usually the time when my family yelled and screamed. So a few years ago we bought a pre-lit tree and I love it.
Bryan put it together, with a little help from Miss Courtney who kept dragging the top section around and plugging it in. Then he spent a lot of time separating out the branches and getting it ready to decorate. And then the kids went nuts. The bottom half of our tree is REALLY decorated. We only had 2 ornaments broken, which has to be a Pack record (I usually drop at least 3 each year)! I was able to glue one of the ornaments back together so it wasn't a total loss. Ethan and Courtney were cute when they pulled out ornaments they remembered were theirs. Courtney found one her Nursery leader made last year with her picture on it. She likes to point and ask if it's her. Ethan found one his kindergarten teacher gave him last year and he loved it. He also thought the homemade decorations we made last year look "dumb" and that we need to buy some more "nice ones" because our tree still isn't completely decorated. I told him that I love the homemade ones and that our tree looks great.
Last year we won a train set at Bryan's work party and it goes around our tree (just like Grandma Pack's tree). The kids love this but I really don't have the patience for setting it up. Last year we took tracks out because it was so big, but this year Bryan put all of it together so we have the Nativity set up so it doesn't look weird.
Now we have to tackle the outside Christmas lights. Our street is always so decorated and we have a hard time getting ours up. One year we were the only ones in the neighborhood without lights up. I kept buying outdoor lights that I thought would work together but they wouldn't and it just turned into a mess. But this year we should be all set!
It was a fun night. Here are some photos:
No comments:
Post a Comment