Saturday, December 27, 2008

Sledding Again

Friday morning we woke up to more new snow. We ate breakfast and then went to a sledding hill to meet up with Dan & Karen and David & Debbie's families. This was a fun sled hill! There was a small trail already in the side of the hill, so we just had to make it a little more slick. And then it was really fun. It took a fun runs down for us to get it paved and for people to stay on their sleds, but once we got it nice and slick, it was so much fun!

Ethan found a friend in Tyler and they began going down together on a sled. They are the same size (Tyler is 10 and Ethan's 6) so they had a good weight distribution but they couldn't steer to save their lives. So most of the time they ended up on the side of the trail, but they were having so much fun. We finally had enough sleds, after some people went back to the cabin to warm up, that Ethan was able to have his own sled and then it became really hilarious! When he was on his own sled he just flew down the mountain and was having so much fun. One time he went down yelling, "Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby" over and over again. He would just giggle and giggle.

Courtney went down a few times and Bryan and a few times with me, but she was mainly content staying around Grandma with hand warmers in her pockets, or sitting on our laps while we sat in the cold snow. She loved watching. The last time she went down I scarred her for life. I was doing some really good runs and having so much fun. Courtney wanted to go down by Grandma and so I offered to take her down on the sled. Immediately after we began going down Courtney started yelling, "Slow down, Mommy!!" I tried to slow down by putting my hands down but I accidentally steered us off the trail and into the powder, where Courtney was just blasted by fresh powder. She didn't like that at all and began screaming. (Grandpa got a photo just as we were coming down that I'm going to post when I get it from him. It shows me with a huge smile on my face and Courtney looking like the world had ended.) When we got to the bottom Courtney ran to Grandma and told her, "My mom doesn't know how to sled!"

Bryan then walked Courtney down to where our car was and took her up to the cabin. Ethan and I stayed a few more minutes. I made a train with Andrew, Kelsi, Rachel and Spencer. It took a few tries before we actually got to the bottom of the hill. We couldn't figure out how to go straight and we took a few spills (I have the bruises to prove it) but we had a lot of fun until Ethan decided he was too cold and wanted to go back to the cabin. So Grandpa drove us back up to the cabin where Ethan and Courtney drank hot cocoa and watched movies with Brooke and Josh.

Then David & Debbie's family came back to the cabin and we all ate dinner and played games until it was time for bed. We had a fun day!

I'll post some photos when I get some!

No comments: