Courtney had a dance competition Saturday and a soccer game. (The competition video is at the bottom of the post.) When I received the schedule for the dance competition I realized that she could do it all. So we made our game plan. Ethan was at the Scout Expo so he was on a camp out (in a field near porta potties, but he slept in a tent so it was a camp out) so we didn't have to worry about him.
While I quickly got ready early Saturday morning, Bryan woke Courtney up at 6:30, made her waffles and then got her in the shower. I helped get her in her dance costume, did her hair and put her make up on (the part I am not thrilled about but she LOVES). Then we drove to Dixie State University and were there at 7:40 a.m. Bryan had gotten the computer bag together for me so while I waited for Courtney's group to perform, I was able to get some Church stuff done and began our monthly menu (yes, I am a bit late with that one). She performed her jazz routine from all the half-time shows at about 8:45 and then we went home.
I ate breakfast and had to mess with the computer because the latest update of Java wasn't working with the design program I needed to use. When I got that fixed, I designed the invitations for our Welcome breakfast next month with the graduating Laurels and sent them off to be printed at Costco.
By this time, Bryan had spent a couple hours pulling weeds outside, mowing the lawn, and doing laundry (which the kids have requested he do more often, but I will tell you about that in a minute). It was then time to get Courtney in her soccer uniform and then Bryan took her to the game while I finished up the monthly menu, shopping list (which I put into order by aisles, thank you very much), making phone calls for Church, and returning emails. I realized that it was time for me to leave and meet Bryan and Courtney so she could get to her next dance competition.
Courtney was pretty tired but she still made 3 goals at her soccer game!! What a great soccer player!
They went to Costco to pick up the invitations I had sent to be printed earlier, used a free coupon to Carl's Jr. to get lunch (although it was for a hamburger and Courtney wanted chicken nuggets so Bryan ended up spending money anyway), and then called me to let me know they were a bit behind. I asked them to meet me at Dixie State. I had brought Courtney's costume so when they showed up we went inside, got her changed, and met up with her group. They were scheduled to dance at 1:45 p.m. and the competition was a few minutes behind schedule. I went in to find a seat and then did some more planning and Church stuff. Meanwhile, Bryan went grocery shopping (using my awesomely organized list), put all the groceries away, and was folding the laundry.
Here is her lyrical dance. Courtney is the far right in the video. You may have to turn your speakers really up because the music was soft. It is a pretty dance though.
When she finished dancing we got her back in her soccer clothes (a little oversight on my part not bringing her anything else to change into) and Courtney and I went clothes shopping. We are having family pictures next week and I wanted to get some coordinating shirts for everyone. Well, there were A MILLION people in St. George, or so it seemed. So every store was packed. At the first store Courtney found "the best dress" that she wanted for Easter but we didn't find shirt. I am glad her dress is found although it doesn't look Easter-y. We went to Old Navy for shirts but there were so many people there and everything was picked over so I couldn't find what I wanted. Courtney was tired and wanted everything she saw so we ended up leaving with a very sad little girl because she wanted to buy more clothes for herself.
We went back home and had a couple of hours before Ethan came home from the camp out. He earned 3 merit badges: rock climbing, chess and robotics. He still has things to do for the personal fitness merit badge. He had a lot of fun and had some pretty funny stories to tell us. He was really tired because they didn't get much sleep.
Bryan and I then had a wedding reception across town to attend. We got dressed, left the tired kids to take care of themselves, and went to the reception. It was nice to see the family and we got to visit with some people in our ward. Then we headed back home.
By this time it was about 7:30 p.m. and time for the kids to put their laundry away and get ready for bed. Bryan and I were in Courtney's room while Ethan was in his room putting laundry away. Suddenly Ethan screamed and came running into Courtney's room flinging a pair of aqua blue panties at us. We then found him in the fetal position on his bed rocking back and forth. What a ham!!
Bryan is great at doing laundry but he does not guarantee that anyone will get the right clothes. Many times Ethan and I have had to switch socks but I am not going to complain because he is helping me out! But Ethan was traumatized that Bryan gave him Courtney's underwear. It was hilarious. So Courtney has requested that Bryan always do the laundry.
Then the kids went to bed and so did we. What a long day!! And somewhere in there Bryan played soccer with Courtney at the park. We did miss my cousin's daughter's baptism in Bountiful. That made me sad but we couldn't make the drive in time to get there after Courtney danced. But we were thinking of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment