Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Morning

Easter morning Courtney was up bright and early!  She doesn't sleep in very often.  The Easter Bunny usually brings the kids new swimming stuff.  This year they both got a new swimming suit, swim shirt and towel.  Then we give them Church clothes.  Courtney got a dress and Ethan got a shirt and tie.


Much to Bryan's dismay (and mine too, if I'm being honest) Ethan sleeps without a shirt on.  He likes to show off his pecs.  We just laugh.  Here is a photo of him flexing.  I told him it would be more impressive if you could see a six pack instead of each rib bone.  Gotta love the kid!
 Then Bryan and I hid the Easter eggs that Courtney so lovingly stuffed with candy and put a note on to let us know that we were supposed to hide them.  Bryan's eggs were the hardest to find and he was pretty proud of that!




 Then we all went inside for breakfast.  Now, there is a bit of a story behind breakfast.  Last week Bryan and I made some cinnamon rolls (note that I said "cinnamon" rolls) for the families his home teaches.  He tried three times to deliver one batch to a family (we didn't even try with the other families) and they were never home.  It was a bit discouraging but we figured they were out of town visiting family for the holiday.  Sunday I decided we needed to bake the cinnamon rolls for ourselves because we didn't want them to go bad.

While they were baking I could smell apples.  It was a really strong smell.  Then it started to smell like wassail at Christmas time.  I was so confused and couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from.

When the cinnamon rolls were finished baking, I put icing on them and we got ready to eat breakfast.  I kept asking if anyone else could smell the apple smell and they could.  Ethan took one bite of his cinnamon rolls and decided he didn't want to eat any more of it.  I noticed and asked if he didn't like them.  He asked if I had done something different and I said no.  Then it dawned on me that I may have grabbed the wrong spice when I was making them.

I quickly went to the pantry, grabbed the spice I had used and it was...cloves.  Ugh!  That is why I smelled wassail and apple smell.  The clove rolls were awful.  So we didn't get our yummy cinnamon rolls and I was VERY grateful the family was never home when Bryan tried to deliver them!

I didn't have meetings so we all scrambled to get ready for 9 a.m. Church.  I had to take our traditional kid photo on Easter morning in their new Church clothes.  Actually, Ethan's shirt didn't fit so his tie is the only thing new.  And I forgot to buy him a belt.  Ugh!  But they look really cute!!
Happy Easter!

No comments: