Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Substituting

The librarian at the elementary school has been in Salt Lake City with her husband. He needed a kidney transplant and their daughter was going to be the donor. Last October the principal asked if I would be willing to substitute for the librarian for a few weeks while she took care of her husband. Bryan and I talked about it and we decided we could make it work. 

The doctor had to give them a surgery date and they kept waiting and waiting. Finally they were told the surgery could happen in March. So I went to the school and was trained by the librarian.

It's a pretty fun job. I read a story to each class when they come to the library. I check books in and out. I clean and shelve books (or Ethan does when he comes after school to help). And I look things up on the computer.

It can get boring though. But that's ok. I don't like not having my one as my own. Last week I had 2 food orders I do and I didn't have a time during the day when I was available. So I ended up having to so them really early in the morning. It also seems like these few weeks when I will be working that Courtney has a lot of field trips where they need chaperones. And I can't go and help. So that's really been frustrating.

When I agreed to help I was told it would be for 2 weeks but the librarian said tht it could be up to 6 weeks. I have already been here 1 1/2 weeks and she sent me a text saying it will be another 10 days probably. Oh well. I'm glad I am able to help her out!!

The library:

No comments: