Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Recess - Day 1

Ethan had an orthodontist appointment last week but it was on a day that I was working in the library.  I called to reschedule and they had an opening at 8 a.m. on Friday.  I knew it was the first day of Spring Recess (formerly known as Easter Break) so I thought it was perfect.  But I also thought Ethan wouldn't be too happy to get up early on his first day off and have his braces tightened.  So I bribed him.  I said I would take the kids out to breakfast if they wouldn't give me any grief.  They agreed.

I shouldn't have worried because they both were up bright and early on Friday morning.  We had to wait until it was time to drive to the ortho appointment.  Ethan was the first patient and we were in and out in about 15 minutes!  He chose red and blue elastics.  I wanted to take a picture but he "Calvined it."  (If you know anything about Calvin & Hobbes you will understand that that means.)

We then went by Bryan's office to pick him up for breakfast.  There is a restaurant in town, about 2 blocks from Bryan's office, that is supposed to be really good.  We hadn't been there before so we decided to try it.  Ethan ordered pancakes, sausage and eggs.  He also got Sprite.  This is what he looked like when the waiter put his food on the table:
This is what he looked like after he was finished eating all he could get in his stomach:
And he was hungry about an hour later!

We then ran to my parents house where Ethan mowed the lawn and Courtney helped cut flowers.  Ethan had been invited to a "hang out" party at a friend's house.  It was the friend's birthday but his mom said he was too old for a birthday party but he could have a "hang out" party.  It's not cool at their age to ask if someone can "play" but it's really cool to ask if they can "hang out."  So Ethan went to "hang out" with his friend and one other boy.  Ethan was over there all day long!  I dropped him off at 10:30 and Bryan picked him up after 5:00.  But they fed him pizza and he had a great time.

No comments: