I have to give you some background before you will understand the significance of this photo.
Not long after Bryan and I were married, I was doing laundry. I have a habit of forgetting that I am doing laundry (I get busy) so things sometimes sit in the drier for a while before I remember to fold them. This happened one time and, unbeknownst to me, Bryan got a rubber snake (which he brought to the marriage but has no idea where it came from) and put it in the drier in such a way that when the door was opened, the snake would "jump out" at me. I think he must have done it when I was doing the laundry but then I forgot about doing the laundry so it sat there.
The next day I opened the drier and out jumped a snake! I am absolutely certain that I screamed bloody murder. I am also absolutely certain that I DID NOT find it funny for a few months. And I am also absolutely certain that Bryan thought it was hilarious! I threatened to chop that rubber snake into little bitty pieces and then I hid it! (I didn't have the heart to throw it out because it wasn't mine.)
Fast forward about 15 years, 6 moves and 2 kids, and the snake is still in our house! It pops up once in a while, usually because someone has found it in the basement where I keep hiding it, and thinks it would be fun to scare me. Yesterday Courtney and her friend were playing the basement and found the snake. They put it by the chest in the living room with the hopes that it would scare me.
Ha! I saw it and knew it was fake. It didn't even scare me at all! So I told Bryan it was there and he hilariously screamed like the snake has scared him. The girls thought they had gotten him and giggle and giggled. It was pretty funny. I obviously need to think of a better hiding place for the stupid thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment