Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday

When the plane landed in Orlando, Courtney was anxious to get our bags. We went to luggage claim, got our bag and then had to make a plan. We had 2 1/2 hours before our shuttle would leave for Port Canaveral so we had to find something to do. We found some soft chairs with charging stations and charged our devices while watching Netflix or playing games.

When it was time, we went to the shuttle station.
 
It was hot and humid in Orlando but the weather was nice. We loaded into the shuttle and I told courtney I was going to nap. She said she would stay awake because she wanted to see alligators. Five minutes later and I saw this:
 
It was a fast shuttle ride her her! She woke up just in time to see our ship:
 
The bus parked and we all got out. We had to stay by the bus to make sure our luggage was taken care of. When I looked at the front of the bus I saw this....
 
Those are some huge bugs!

We were pretty early so the check in process took 5 minutes. Then we waited until it was our turn to get on the ship. It didn't take long. We had forgotten to pack our swim suits in our carryon luggage so we went to the Windjammer for lunch.

After lunch, we walked around the ship to St used to it. It was quite a bit smaller than the other cruise ships we had been on so it wasn't hard to figure out where everything was located. We found our luggage and then went to check out our room - 6561. We were on the "teeen deck" because it wasn't one than ran all the length of the ship. It was hard to find.
 
I guess it was a suitable deck for the tween and I to stay on. 😉

We hadn't been in an inside room before but decided to try it. The room was small but it was plenty for the two of us.
 

Before we could leave port they had to do a muster drill. It was long and boring!
 
When we got back to our room our room attendant brought us a treat for Courtney's birthday! They were chocolate covered rice crispy treats.
 
After we ate them, we went to dinner. Haha! 

I dragged Courtney to the show. It was a 70s music show and she had fun. She didn't know a lot of the songs but she liked watching the dancers.
 
We were pretty tired so we went to bed at 9:30. It was a good start to our vacation.

No comments: