Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bedtime Stories



I think Courtney has to have the best big brother in the world! Ethan has books from school that he has to read each night and then I sign the paper saying he has read them and the next day he gets two different books to bring home. He loves reading these to me and calls them my "bedtime story by Ethan." Usually he reads to me while Bryan is putting Courtney to bed and it works out really well. But tonight Bryan was at Mutual and so I had to put Courtney to bed. Ethan wanted to be helpful (Sharing Time on Sunday was about Service Stars and Ethan has been really working on serving others since then) so he asked if he could read his take home library books to Courtney as her bedtime story. She loved the idea and then cuddled in her rocking chair while Ethan read her a story about a Dentist and a story about a hole in a yard. It was cute.

After he finished reading he put Courtney in her crib and sang her a song then gave her a big hug and told her he loved her. It was so sweet and she was in heaven with all the big brother attention she was getting. I hope, for Bryan's sake, that Courtney doesn't request this every night because Bryan loves his Courtney time.

No comments: