
Bryan had mutual tonight and the kids have been begging to carve their pumpkins. We couldn't think of another night when we wouldn't be busy, so I helped them carve pumpkins. It actually wasn't so bad. We had the two pumpkins sitting outside on the porch for a couple of days and today they were right in the direct sun. When I cut the first one open, it was really warm inside. I think that made it easier for me to get all the seeds out because it wasn't as hard as I had remembered, or as messy. Then Ethan drew faces on the pumpkins and I cut them while Courtney cut up a piece of paper (I don't know why, don't ask!). On Ethan's pumpkin he drew a tooth hanging down and when I cut it the tooth ended up a bit loose. Ethan thought this was so cool because it's in the same place of the smile as his loose tooth! He told me he is going to pull his tooth on Halloween, and I think it's ready to come out!
When we finished, I got out my lilac scented tea lights (the only tea lights I could find in our house) and we went outside to light them. They looked great, although it was still light.
So now we have jack-o-lanterns!
No comments:
Post a Comment