
I bought a Wilton Haunted Gingerbread House to decorate with the kids. Last year we did Christmas Gingerbread Houses and I thought they would like the spooky version. But they take so long to do right and we lack patience in our family (at least the kids and I do). When you put the walls together you are supposed to wait 1 hour to let the icing set up before putting the roof on. When you do it correctly, it takes about 3-4 hours ot glueing and then waiting before you can put candy on. Anyway, Bryan helped me glue the house together Tuesday night and then tonight I let the kids decorate it. I didn't want to mix up the black frosting to decorate, so we did it all in orange, but I think it turned out cute. Ethan just wants to eat it, but Courtney got her fill of the candy while we were trying to decorate it. She really likes black licorice jelly beans. Now I have to keep Ethan away from it until Halloween so it doesn't eat it!
No comments:
Post a Comment