Thursday, October 16, 2008

Poor Fish

I went into Ethan's room this morning to get his laundry to wash and decided to check on his fish. This has been a great fish, basically because it's still alive. We don't give it a lot of attention. Well, the poor little thing was jumping by the side of the tank when I checked on it. And it got STUCK on th eside of the tank, just above the water line. I watched it for a little bit to see if it would wiggle itself down, but it didn't even try. Was our fish trying to commit suicide? I didn't think we were that negligent when it came to feeding it or cleaning out its tank. So I pulled off the top of the tank, grabbed the net and tried to get it off the side back into the water. It worked and then it sat on the bottom of the tank for a few minutes, probably recovering. I think I'll clean out its tank today and make sure it feels at home.

No comments: