I took Ethan and Courtney to the coolest park today. It has been UEA/Fall Break this past Thursday and Friday so we have been playing around. Yesterday we painted pottery and today we went to a park and then out to lunch (bribery to get Courtney to go to the Kids Care at the gym).
Courtney and I found the park a few weeks ago and we couldn't wait to take Ethan. Everything is a little off, but in a really cool way. I should have taken video of it to show what I mean, but I'll try to explain it.
It's built with a huge retaining wall on one side that has been made to look like a rock wall. The kids can climb that, get to the top and take the stairs back down into the pit (I heard more than one parent saying that was a lawsuit waiting to happen because there isn't a fence to stop someone at the top from falling into the pit). There's a little kids play area that has climbing things and slides. It also has a teeter-totter that's normal. But then you get into the big kids stuff. The swing is just a big teeter-totter that flies you up in the air. I put pictures of Ethan and Courtney on it. It's the most fun if the weights are balanced between the two people. The swing doesn't just go back and forth, but it goes up and down too depending on how the other person shifts their weight. It was great.
There's also a twisty pole that has a seat on it. Courtney liked this one and it was hilarious because she got REALLY dizzy and tried to run when she jumped off it. She fell flat on her face and kept trying to get up and run. She was giggling pretty hard (we had to make a bathroom run after that one). What you do is sit on the seat that straddles the bar and then you twist yourself around. It's pretty fun.
There's a lot of other fun things to do at the park and it was crowded with people today. The last time we went, Courtney and I had the place to ourselves, so this was a big change. Ethan said this is the only park he ever wants to go to again. It was pretty fun and I even climbed on some of the contraptions.
No comments:
Post a Comment