Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ethan's Piano Recital

Our Saturdays seem to be crazy in the Spring.  It's not that we have a ton to do, it's just that everything seems to hit at the same time.

Courtney had her practice for the Pizazz End of the Year Review from 9 a.m. to noon (so she missed a soccer game), Ethan had his piano recital at 4 p.m. and Courtney had to be at Dixie High School to get ready for her review at 6:15 p.m.

Ethan did a great job at his recital!!  He practiced before we left and was having a bit of a rough time.  He had 2 songs and he had memorized both of them.  I have decided that he does a lot better when I am not involved in his practicing at all.  So he usually will practice when I'm off doing carpool.  I was really impressed by his songs.  Having a softer teacher has been great for him!



Here are his songs:
I asked him afterward if he was nervous and he said, "Mom, I get nervous when other people are playing!"  I guess that means "Duh, of course I get nervous."  But you would never know because he played really well and seemed very calm!

No comments: