Thursday, May 29, 2014

We have sighted Big Foot!!

Ethan needed new hiking boots for Scout camp and we wanted him to be able to break them in. So I took him to buy some the other day. I was actually really excited because Ethan doesn't wear out his hiking boots before they are too small so I figured that I would be getting some nice hand-me-down hiking boots next summer. See, Ethan and I used to wear the same size shoe. Notice I said "used to be"?

When Ethan picked out a boot and asked to try it on, the guy asked what his old size was. I said that his last shoes were equivalent to a women's size 8 1/2. After measuring Ethan, it was determined he is a men's 9!! Yes, big foot lives at our house. 

I came to the realization that I wasn't going to get any hand-me-down hiking boots!!  But that's okay because they were on clearance and there are a lot of hikes planned this summer for the scouts so the boots will get a lot of use.

Here is a pic of the box. The price is way off, luckily!! Apparently there are some "amazing new hiking boots" coming to the store and they have to clearance out all the "great hiking boots but last years model" before then to make room. ;)


No comments: