Wednesday, May 21, 2014

If a student already has their report card....

do they still have to go to school?

These last two weeks have been really frustrating for me because I have no clue as to why I send my kids to school.  Courtney has been boxing up and cleaning the classroom, having parties, going on field trips, and swimming at the SHAC.  Ethan has been watching movies, arm wrestling, cleaning, and playing games.  Child labor at it's best!

AND, Ethan's final grades were posted over 1 1/2 weeks ago and his report card was sent home 2 days ago in the email.  So...

If a student already has their report card do they still have to go to school?

We have decided that next year we are going to pull the kids out of school right after testing and take them on a big educational vacation where they will learn something during those weeks.  I told this to a friend yesterday and she said that we will only be able to do it when Ethan is in Intermediate School because finals are given in Middle School during the last week.  I think that's how it should be!!

Ethan only went to school today because he has to get his yearbook.  Courtney went today because they have another party.  But I don't know what will happen tomorrow.  Ethan will only be there for 3 hours and they aren't allowed to take a backpack, just their yearbook and a pen.  Courtney will only be there for 3 hours but she wants to go because hot lunch is sloppy joes and french fries and for some unknown reason she really wants to eat hot lunch on the last day of school.  Weird!

No comments: