Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Service Piano Recital

We have a Veterans Home in Ivins and the Ivins and Santa Clara stakes are asked to do FHE for the vets.  But you can't do anything religious so you have to find other things that would be good to entertain them.  Courtney's piano teacher was in charge of an FHE for her Ward so she decided to have all the students who were ready early with their duet pieces, perform for an FHE.  Courtney really wanted to do it so she worked hard to get her piece ready.  I had been playing with her so she could get the timing down.  I have played with Ethan and Courtney before at their recitals so her teacher just assumed I would be playing with her.  Courtney told me this as we walked in the door of the Veteran's Home.  It was a good thing I had been practicing with her, although it's a really easy piece so it wouldn't have been a big deal if I hadn't been practicing.

Her teacher drew names out of a hat and we were first!  Yeah!!  We could then relax the rest of the time.

Here is our performance:

No comments: