Courtney has been going through this separation anxiety phase lately. And she isn't just attached to me! At Church, if all of Junior Primary is released and she happens to see Ethan before he goes into his classroom, she will yell and cry for him until someone has to come and get Bryan or me. That happened last week and Bryan had told Ethan that he isn't to take Courtney into his class so he just stood in the hallway with her until another adult took Courtney and brought her to me so Ethan could go to class. What a great big brother!!
Anyway, we switched Courtney to another dance class that is cheaper and all the neighborhood girls go to it. I thought she would love being with all the girls and the first week she did fine. But the second, third and fourth weeks, she just clung to me, wouldn't dance and screamed each time I tried to leave her side. I had about had it. Another mom in the ward, who I will be forever grateful for, suggested that she take Courtney this week to dance. I was nervous that Courtney wouldn't do well, but she was so excited to be going with "Lydia's Mom" to dance class that she was ready an hour early. I also didn't make her put on a leotard and tights (this may have helped too). She went right out to the car and Leann was wonderful with her (it helps that Courtney really liked her too). All reports came back that Courtney did great and she was much happier. So I think the solution is just for me to have no involvement in her dancing but I still have to carpool them when it's my turn. But it really made my day yesterday to know that she did so well. Maybe she's growing up!
No comments:
Post a Comment