Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 4 of Spring Break

We had a lazy morning. This week has been awful for our schedules, but it's been fun. We woke up, got ready and then went out for breakfast to the Egg & I. Bryan kept teasing Ethan calling it the "Waffle & I" or the "Pancake & I." Before we left Courtney told me that she hoped they had dry oatmeal at the Egg & I. I told her that they wouldn't and she said, "Then I don't want to go out for breakfast!" But she finally decided that pancakes or waffles would be okay.

There weren't very many people there so Bryan told the kids to be kind of quiet because it was a "reverent restaurant." That didn't last too long but Courtney did find some waffles to eat. Ethan got to have more sausage (his and also Courtney's) so he was pretty happy. When we finished eating, Courtney got out of her seat, took her kids menu and began to "play waitress" and take our orders. It was pretty funny but she took a bit far when we were walking out and she started trying to seat people ;)

Today was the BYU game so Bryan stayed home in the morning from work to watch it. But a few minutes into the second half he decided to stop "punishing" himself and went to work. Ethan and Courtney immediately decided they needed to watch "Harry Potter" again and eat some popcorn. I think we may have to buy the movie ;)

After the movie was over, Ethan and Courtney decided they wanted to play in the backyard. I thought that was a great idea because I had some work to do on the lawn and thought I could do it while they were playing. It didn't take long for them to decide that it was hot enough outside to play on the slip-n-slide. So they got their swimming suits on and I got it all set up. Ethan made the first pass and...FROZE! He isn't too into cold water but Courtney doesn't care at all. Ethan kept sliding for a while but Courtney was the one who stayed at it the longest. Even after Ethan was dressed, she kept playing and playing. We had a blow up alligator that she and Ethan slid on but he was soon flattened and went into the garbage.

They finished up and got changed back into clothes and then Bryan came home. I had made pigs in a blanket and we loaded up dinner and started biking to the high school. Many of our young men are on the school soccer team and they had a game tonight so we went to support them. As with basketball, most of the coaches and players are in our ward so it's fun to watch the games. Courtney was a little erratic on her bike and we had to ride in a box around her so she wouldn't bike in the busy road. We tried to convince her to ride in the bike trailer, but she is little Miss Independent and had to bike. So it took us about 45 minutes to get to the high school that is a little less and 3 miles away. But that's okay because it was a fun ride and great exercise.

We watched the JV game. They tied. And then I rode my bike with the empty bike trailer home (which is uphill the entire way so I got my exercise for the day!), got the car and some jackets, and then drove back to the high school to watch the varsity game. We weren't sure if the kids were going to want to stay the entire time so the original plan was for all of us to bike home after the JV game and then Bryan would go back alone. Ethan and Courtney were having too much fun playing around outside and didn't want to go. So finally, after a fun game where Snow Canyon Varsity tied, we drove home and put the kids to bed WAY past their bedtime. But it was fun.

2 comments:

DEFRIEZ said...

I am so jealous!! Warm enough for outside water fun. I finally put on my first pair of capri's for the year!

Christy said...

I'm exhausted reading about all of your vacation fun. But mostly just jealous and wish that I had a mom to pull this off for me. It looks like your family is having a wonderful time. Maybe it will motivate me to do the same when Spring Break rolls around in April for us. What fun!!!