This week is Spring Break and we debated whether or not to go someplace, but at the end decided that Bryan couldn't take the work off and we didn't want to spend the money. Besides, we have too many trips and things coming up this summer that we have to prioritize. So we decided to do a staycation (a stay at home vacation). I saw an article on it from Family Fun magazine and thought we should try it.
We bought a Dixie Direct discount card at the beginning of the year from Ethan's school and it has a ton of coupons in it. I started by looking through there and making a list of all the activities and restaurants that had coupons. Then I made an itinerary of activities we would like to do each day. Bryan is working in the mornings so the kids and I do things in the morning and then after Courtney's nap, when Bryan gets home, we go and do things as a family.
Ethan wasn't too sure about it at first because his friends are doing things like Disneyland and camping, but it has worked out so far and we have found a lot of places around our area that we hadn't explored too well before. I'll keep you updated!
No comments:
Post a Comment