Saturday, March 21, 2009

Day 5 of Spring Break

Today we had another of Ethan's favorite breakfasts: bacon and eggs. Then the kids watched some TV for a while until they decided they needed to play with friends. Courtney called her friend Lia across the street and then waited until Lia was ready to play. Ethan called his friend Preston who lives around the corner and their family was going to a park for a picnic so they invited Ethan go to along. So after about 45 minutes, Ethan was off to a park for a picnic and Courtney was across the street playing. It was heaven!

I immediately did what any mom does when her kids are gone...I started to clean like a mad woman! I got so much finished in the 45 minutes I had before Courtney was due back home. And it was great for all the quiet too.

After Courtney got home I put her down for a nap and then 15 minutes later Ethan came home. He and I hung out and I read him stories while Courtney had a good nap. Then we ran an errand, picked up Bryan at work and went to Pizza Hut (Ethan's choice) for dinner. When we were all sufficiently stuffed, we drove to Sportsman's Warehouse and bought me a backpacking backpack and a pad to sleep on. I was pretty excited because I am going on a backpacking trip through Zion with Bryan's family at the end of April and I need to get my gear together.

We then took the kids to the Washington City Recreation Center that has a huge swimming pool with slides and stuff. It was a lot of fun except Courtney was a bit afraid of all the falling water and wouldn't go down the slide at first. I went down it with her once and then she was fine.

We were all pretty tired when we finished swimming so we came home, got ready for bed, watched basketball and then put the kids to bed. Bryan and I stayed up and watched a movie and Courtney and Ethan took turns coming out to see what we were doing ;)

It was a fun day and I'm starting to feel sad about the end of Spring Break. But we have until Tuesday!

No comments: