We woke up this morning and had Ethan's favorite breakfast: sausage and eggs! Then Bryan went to work and the kids and I had a lazy morning of watching "Harry Potter" again and doing nothing. At 10:30 we left to run errands and met up with my parents at 11:30 at Jumpin' Jacks. This is the favorite place of Ethan and Courtney and we had a coupon for 2 free admissions so we decided to plan it in. It's a huge room filled with all kinds of bounce houses and they change them around periodically so it doesn't get boring. Ethan usually finds tons of people to play games with and Courtney just runs around like a wild woman. But Ethan didn't find anyone to play with so he just bounced around on his own and came back to us once-in-a-while to check in. Courtney was her usual self and was off like a rocket! She has no fear and goes down the tallest slides without a problem.
After about 45 minutes the kids were getting tired and hungry. I don't take my wallet in to places like this so when I'm asked for money I can honestly say that I don't have any. But Grandpa always has money ;) He gave Courtney money to ride the rides and Ethan money to play a couple games with him. It was fun. Then we got a free pizza (I love the Dixie Direct) and went back to my parent's house to eat it. We then went home to take naps and Ethan played with friends.
Courtney happened to wake up just as Bryan was coming in the house from work, so it was perfect timing. Ethan loves to play tennis, so we decided to bike ride to the Unity Park by our house and play tennis. Bryan hooked up the tag-a-long so Ethan could ride behind him and not have to use his little bike (the tag-a-long is just the right size) and I had the bike trailer behind my bike in case Courtney got tired. It was slow going because of all the Courtney stops to get water or just to look around, but we all biked all the way to the park. When we got there we realized that Bryan had only loaded the 2 big tennis rackets (usually we take the 2 raquetball rackets also so the kids can use those because they are smaller) so we would have to share. Unfortunately Courtney got ahold of a racket first and it's hard to get it back from her. Ethan played for a while and then we all traded off. It was pretty fun but you could tell that Courtney was tired and Ethan was getting frustrated at not being able to play a good game.
We decided to bike home and go to dinner (another coupon we had). We loaded up and tried to convince Courtney to just ride in the bike trailer. She refused so we started off....slowly....back for home. About 4 blocks from the park Courtney biffed it trying to get up on a sidewalk and began screaming. I had just calmed her down and gotten going again when my bike lurched and the back lifted up a bit. I stopped and looked down to see that my back wheel had fallen off! I think if I hadn't had the bike trailer on there that I could have flipped over because the bolt that holds the tire in place was lodged in the back spokes. And it was lucky that I was going to slow because I didn't have any problem stopping.
Bryan and Ethan rode home while Courtney and I sat on the side of the road and waited. Courtney helped me fold down the bike trailer so it would easily fit in the back of the van and it was no time at all that Ethan and Bryan were back. They loaded our stuff in the van and we slowly drove back to the park to look for the missing piece of my bike. We found it!! Then we all went to dinner at Dairy Queen.
By the time we returned home it was time for baths and bed. We were all pretty tired, but Ethan said it was a "great day!" So far this has been a great success!
No comments:
Post a Comment